A California Beach House
The Surfrider is a 20 room Californian Beach House located on the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, across the street from the world-famous Surfrider beach. Inspired by the Malibu landscape and rich heritage of California surf culture it offers an authentically local experience and personalized service in a guest-only setting.
“An impeccably designed boutique hotel” - Vogue
“Like tonic for the soul” - New York Times
“A place where the Californian dream meets farm-to-table food and a roof deck to end all roof decks" - The Evening Standard
“The ultimate beach house you’ve always wanted to own” - RUSSH Magazine
"The Surfrider Malibu does what a lot of properties cannot: make guests feel like complete and utter locals” - Robb Report
2021 Travel & Leisure World’s Best Award2021 Conde Nast Gold List "Best Hotels In The World 2021"
2020 Conde Nast Gold List "Best Hotels In The World 2020"
2018 & 2019, 2020 & 2021 Conde Nast Reader’s Choice Awards
2020 Southern California’s #2 Rated Hotel, Conde Nast Traveler
2018 & 2019, 2020 & 2021 Trip Advisor Award of Excellence
2018 Conde Nast Hot List "Best New Hotels 2018"
- Guest-Only Restaurant
- Grown Alchemist organic skincare products
- Bellino Linens
- Beach amenities; stand-up paddle boards, umbrellas, beach baskets, towels & sunscreen
- Custom Surfboards by our friends at McTavish
- Wetsuits for rent
- Surfboard & wetsuit storage
- Heated outdoor shower
- Complimentary Wifi throughout
- Lobby boutique with locally curated essentials
- Surf lessons, picnics, beach yoga, in-room massage, horse riding all available on request
- Electric car charging stations
- Check In 3pm, Check Out 11am
- Fully accessible parking space, room and amenity spaces